CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Can Can...


These are the canning goods that the amazing Miss Alice gave me while I was in Pennsylvania last week. She is 91 yrs old and has been canning since she was 5 years old with no plans to stop now.  She did confide that she would like to see recipes handed down and enjoyed by another generation. When she’s done planting her summer garden she said she will e-mail me the recipes (I swear she can do anything)!  

Miss Alice inspired me. I feel blessed to know her. I might be crazy and out of my mind to think I can "can" but I just purchased the Ball Book of Canning and six jars.  Now to decide on a recipe for the "official" first attempt!  If anyone had asked me if I would ever try canning I would have looked at them like they were crazy and replied NEVER!!!

Lesson: I'm eating yet another "Never Say Never" sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment